(A non-profit organization)
JOINTLY SPONSORED BY
WORLD SIKH ORGANIZATION; THE SIKH SOLIDARITY INTERNATIONAL UNITED SIKH APPEAL; and THE SIKH COUNCIL OF NORTH AMERICA,
The objectives of the Trust shall be to collect, manage and invest funds for the following purposes:
(1) To propagate the teachings of the ten Gurus.
(2) To disseminate and spread the holy word contained in the Holy Guru Granth Sahib.
(3) To promote religious, educational, social and cultural aspects of Sikhism.
(4) To promote and protect Sikh National interests all over the world.
(5) To promote Panjabi culture and Panjabi language in Gurumukhi script.
(6) To promote the concept of universal brotherhood and human rights and accomplish human understanding as ordained by the ten Sikh Gurus in the Sikh Scriptures, Sikh Tenets and the Sikh Code of Conduct.
(7) To promote cross cultural interaction within other organizations. Cultural societies and different ethnic groups.
(8) To extend support and cooperation to other organizations with similar objectives.
There shall be four categories of members as listed below: (1) General Membership: $100 Per person per year. (2) Life Membership: $2000 Per person payable in two installments within 24 months. (3) Patron Membership: $10,000 per person payable within 24 months, (4) Organization/Institution Membership: $2500 Payable in one installment one time only.
The Governing Body of the Trust shall comprise 21 Trustees democratically elected by the members from each category Elected Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer shall manage day to day affairs of the Trust.
Post Office Box No. 70273 Stockton, CA 95207
Phone: (209) 473-7467
Article extracted from World Sikh News issue dated >> DECEMBER-28-1984