The following is the list of those alleged to have instigated violence and/or protected alleged criminals.
- Mr. H.K.L. Bhagat. On November 5, reported to have intervened to get miscreants released who were held in Shahdara Thana.
- Babu Ram Sharma, Member, Municipal Corporation (Ward No. 58) reported to be the right-hand man of H.K.L. Bhagat Reportedly responsible for loot, arson and murder in trans-Yamuna areas-Babarpur, Chajupur Colony, Maujpur, Gonda Allegedly led people on motorcycle with mega-phone.
- Sajjan Kumar, Cong. (I) MP from Mangolpuri Reported to have paid Rs.100 and a bottle of liquor to each person involved in the killing.
- Lalit Makan, Cong. (I) Trade Union Leader and Metropolitan Councilor Reportedly paid to mob Rs. 100 each plus a bottle of liquor. A white ambassador car reportedly belonging to him came 4 times to the G.T. Road area near Azadpur. Instructions to mobs indulging in arson were given from inside the Car.
- Dharam Das Shastri, Cong. (1) MP from Karol Bagh Reported to be carrying voters list with him at Prakash Nagar for identification of Sikhs On November 5, according to newspaper reports, he along with other Congress (I) leaders tried to pressurize the SHO of Karol Bagh Police Station to release the persons who were arrested during the police raids to recover looted property.
- Jagdish Tytler, Cong. (l) MP from Sadar Constituency. On 6th November 5 p.m. he barged into a press conference that the Police Commissioner S. C. Tandon was holding. A journalist reports that he told the Police Commissioner that “by holding my men you are hampering the relief work.”
- Mahendra, Metropolitan Councilor Reported to have accompanied Dharam Das Shastri with voter’s lists at Prakash Nagar.
- Mangat Ram Singal, Member of Municipal Corporation (Ward No. 32) was reportedly with Dharam Das Shastri and Mahindra at Prakash Nagar.
9, Dr. Ashok Kumar, Member of Municipal Corporation, Kalyanpuri, Reportedly held a meeting in Kalyanpuri, following which violence broke out immediately. According to many eye witnesses he led mobs which indulged in loot, murder, arson and rape.
- Sukhan Lal Sood, Metropolitan Councilor, according to eye witnesses was seen leading mobs, which indulged in loot, arson, murder and rape. He had come with petrol and serial lists and addresses of Sikhs in the locality. He came to Shakarpur relief camp to distribute sweets among the refugees. The women refugees recognized him and drove him out.
- Jagdish Chander Tokas, Member of Municipal Corporation Munirka (Ward Nof. 14) reportedly led a mob to R. K. Puram Sector lV and V.
- Ishwar Singh, Member Municipal Corporation, Mangolpuri (ward No. 37) Allegedly led the mobs that indulged in looting, burning, rape and murder in Mangolpuri area.
- Balwant Khokhar, Youth Congress-l Leader, Delhi, Identified as one of the persons responsible for instigating looting and arson in Palam Colony area.
- Faiz Mohammad, Youth Congress-l Leader, Delhi named by refugees in Shadurpur camp and in Mangolpuri for being a part of the mob indulging in looting, arson and murder.
- Ratan, Youth Congress l Lead i named as having taken part in Velen bee in Palam Colony area.
- Satbir Singh, Youth Congress-l He allegedly brought bus-loads of people from Ber Sarai to Sri Guru Harkrishan Public School (Munirka). They burnt school buses and parts of the school building. He was reportedly involved in looting and beating of Sikhs which carried on throughout night the night on November 1.
Article extracted from this publication >> November 11, 1988