Dear WSO Council member of USA:
This is the first in a series of communiques which will be coming to you from USA office of the WSO.
Please read the enclosed letter, and feel yourself to be truly a part of the vital work of the WSO. Your participation on any level and your skills in any area will be a great asset for the Sikhs. It is your moral and civic duty to help your people.
We must do the following:
- Organize ourselves as a professional organization on a national scale, so that the total work is divided up among capable people.
- Indicate our willing preference for the needed projects. We need all our talented and skilled people to help the Sikh community!
- Make new WSO members by the thousands, so that the total work of the Sikhs would forge ahead. Creating an independent and sovereign Sikh state is work that is going to call for the help of EVERY Sikh in some way, shape, or form. 5
- This council must be composed of the most capable Sikhs throughout the country, so that proper guidance and skills are utilized.
- Get hold of a copy of the WSO Constitution, and make yourself very familiar with its provisions, which we must follow. If needed, we must add to it other workable clauses and articles as we move forward,
- Any other: (prepare for the WSO election that is upon us.)
The date, place, and time for the next meeting will be announced in our next communique.
Your cooperation is appreciated.
Very truly yours,
Sulakhan S. Dhillon
Article extracted from this publication >> April 5, 1985