- THIS CONVENTION CONDEMNS the massacre of Sikhs in the Golden Temple and in the riots that followed the assassination of Mrs. Indira Gandhi.
- THIS CONVENTION CONDEMNS the atrocities perpetrated against the Sikhs in India following Operation Blue Star.
- THIS CONVENTION DEPLORES all efforts to create, internationally, mistrust of the Sikhs so that they could be branded a community of “terrorists.”
- THIS CONVENTION CONDEMNS the destruction of the holiest of the holies, the Akal Takhat and the desecration of the Golden Temple and other historic Gurudwaras in India.
- THIS CONVENTION CONDEMNS the refusal of the Government of India to institute an impartial judicial inquiry into the matter of the riots following the assassination of Mrs. Indira Gandhi and URGES all the organizations in the world concerned with the issue of safeguarding human rights to make all such efforts and undertake all such actions as are necessary to uncover the truth: of the massacre of Sikhs ‘in India and CALLS upon all Sikhs all over the world to attend to this ‘task.
- THIS CONVENTION RECOGNIZES the facts of history ‘and, on the
Basis of those facts CONCLUDES that the interests of the Sikhs can no longer be protected within the framework of the Constitution of India which, in terms, reduces the Sikhs to the level of second class citizens.
- THIS CONVENTION CONCLUDES that the only possible way of preserving the Sikh identity and securing to the Sikhs the right to live in peace and with dignity in accordance with the declared intentions of the United Nations Charter, to which India is a signatory, and the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, is by creating an independent homeland for the Sikhs in the North/West part of India which will be called KHALISTAN.
- THIS CONVENTION DECLARES that the establishment of KHALISTAN as an independent nation will serve the cause of stability in South Asia and promote harmony amongst the nations of the region ultimately serving the cause of world peace.
- THIS CONVENTION DECLARES its support, in the interest of the stability of the region, for the aspirations of all people like the Sikh themselves.
- THIS CONVENTION CONDEMNS the proposed legislation in India providing for the
Confiscation of the assets
Of the members and supporters of the Khalistan movement living in India and abroad and DECLARES that those assisting in the disposal of such assets after confiscation would be considered enemies of the Sikh nation.
- THIS CONVENTION DEMANDS, in the interest of the Sikh identity, that all factions of the Shiromani Akali Dal and the five SINGH SAHIBAN (high priests) call a PANTHIC (Sikh) congregation in accordance with the dictates of the Panth before the Holy Akal Takhat on or before the 13th of April 1985 and call upon all the Sikhs to dedicate themselves to the struggle for Khalistan.
- THIS CONVENTION URGES the Shiromani Akali Dal to mount a non-cooperation movement, in the historical pattern of the struggle for the independence of India, by actions such as limiting the production of agricultural products to the needs of the Sikhs, utilizing land for alternatives like fruits and forests, and urging all the Sikhs to withdraw their foreign exchange deposits from their Non-Resident Accounts in Indian banks as a first step in the struggle for Khalistan.
- THIS CONVENTION DEMANDS that all those Sikhs who are being held under custody be either released forthwith or be tried in open courts in accordance with due process of law.
- THIS CONVENTION DEMANDS that those Sikh soldiers who had abandoned their positions following Operation Blue Star be treated, in accordance with internationally accepted principles, as objectors on religious grounds and not be subjected to the proceedings of court martial.
- THIS CONVENTION NOTES with great sadness the stand of Gyani Zail Singh and CONDEMNS his very UNSIKHLIKE behavior including the presentation of awards to the invaders of the Akal Takhat.
- THIS CONVENTION PLEDGES itself to achieve its objectives by all reasonable means.
Article extracted from this publication >> April 26, 1985