* In March, 1783, Bhaghale Singh of Jind established his camp in a suburb of Delhi and started to build temples to commemorate the memory of the Sikh Gurus who had visited the city. One was erected at the site of execution of the ninth Guru, Teg Bahadur; one to mark the site of the cremation of the Guru’s body, a third at guru Hari Krishan’s place of residence; and a fourth at the place where the infant Guru and the wives of Guru Gobind Singh were cremated. The four Gurdwaras are (1) Sis Ganj in Chandni Chowk (2) Rikab Ganj near Parliament House (3) Bangla Sahib and (4) Bala Sahib in New Delhi.
* Around the end of 1784 Baghale Singh and Jassa Singh Ramgarhia crossed the Jumna and after looting the doali cast their eyes on the land across the Ganges. The Rohillas, led/by Ghulam Badir and the Nawab Wazir of Oudh lined their troops along the river to prevent the Sikhs from crossing over. Madhoji Sindhia ordered his troops to expel the Sikhs. After the first skirmish he realized that he would get better results by talking to the Sikhs than by fighting. As a result, a provincial treaty was agreed on in March, 1785, between the Marathas and the Sikh Chiefs.